I love fandom projects – making things, being productive, even learning a new skill. For a while now, I’ve had the idea to make a small Supernatural inspired hunter kit. It’s pretty simple, and you can too! Here’s how…
To make my kit, you will need:
– A small wooden box
– Everyday kitchen sponges
– A lighter
– Two vials (filled with rock salt and blessed holy water!)
– Two smaller bottles (Bought on Etsy)
– A little cross
– A bullet casing! (Can be bought on Etsy)
– Black paint
– White paint
You could also include rosary beads, a pocket knife, salt rounds (I have found these on Etsy!) and a lock pick.
1. The first thing I did was glue the two kitchen sponges together. Use a pretty strong glue, I used UHU.
2. Then I laid my contents on top of these sponges and drew around them – I found that pen works best!
3. Grab a little arty-crafty knife and start cutting these out! Pull and pluck at the sponges until you get to the level you want. Don’t worry if this goes wrong, you can always glue some of the sponge in later!
4. Start painting your box, if you want to that is! I chose black and I used PVA paint.
5. Next, paint the sponge – if you want to! I think it just looks that much more professional in black. This took me a little while, but my best tip is to dab the paint on!
At this point, things were starting to get a little messy…
6. Once I had painted my sponge, I glued all around the outside to put in my box to make sure it wasn’t going anywhere. Hunting can be a pretty full on, fast-paced job!
7. Now this is starting to look like a hunter kit! Time to grab the white paint and put some awesome details on it. On the lid, I painted Sam and Dean’s initials which they carved into the Impala (seen in Swan Song 5×22)
8. My last thing to do was paint a Devil’s trap in the lid of the box – in a moment of panic, you can slide it under the demon and trap it! First I outlined this in pencil (use a compass to make sure you get a perfect circle!) then painted it in white!
9. Unfortunately, things went a little to the right, so I decided to fill the space with Gabriel’s horn and a Tibetan symbol! We believe in Supernatural!
And here we are! My finished hunter kit – pretty cool, don’t you think?
What should I make next? How about you show us yours? Tweet us at: @study_in_fandoms or leave a comment below!
– Becca 🙂